Pappy Van Winkle is a legend from the U.S. in the whiskey world and laying your hands on a Pappy Van Winkle bottle in Europe is a close to impossible task. Fortunately, The Whisky Exchange, one of our partner shops, just got some stock of various bottles of Pappy Van Winkle and is nice enough to organize a ballot in order to decide who will get the chance to purchase them. The rules are the following:
Due to high demand for these whiskeys we will be selling them via ballot. Enter between 7 May and 23.59BST on 10 May 2020 to be in with a chance of purchasing one of these sought-after bottles. You will need to complete the checkout process for each bottle you'd like to enter the ballot for, but will not be charged unless you are successful. Please note you can enter as many ballots as you like, but if you are successful in one ballot you will be automatically disqualified from the others. Multiple entries into the same ballot will be discounted. All entrants will be notified as to whether or not they are successful on or after 11 May 2020. Best of luck!
So if you'd like to have a chance to buy one of the bottle just proceed as if you'd like to buy it and wait for the ballots results on May 11th. Five different bottles are available to try your chance out:
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year Old - £89.95 - A 107 US Proof (53.5%) version of the classic 10 year old.
- Van Winkle 12 Year Old Special Reserve - £110 - A 12 year old bottle that has been very higky rated by some whisky specialists
- Pappy Van Winkle's 15 Year Old - Family Reserve - £125 - A 107 US Proof (53.5%), 15 year bottle with incredible rating from the Beverage Testing Institute
- Pappy Van Winkle's 20 Year Old - Family Reserve - £225 - Bourbon are rarely aged that long, so a 20 year old Pappy Von Winkle is really a rarity!
- Pappy Van Winkle's 23 Year Old - Family Reserve - £299 - the best ranked and oldest bottle from the ballot, limited to 900 bottles altogether, this 23 year old is really a collector item.